Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Yep, I'm Going There.

I don't usually talk about that famous vampire saga because mentioning an opinion on it seems to polarize people. There's the raging beast made up of shrieking girls and this annoyed mob made up of critics and jealous guys, and in the middle are people like me. I loves it, but I'm not in love with it, you know?

Anyway, I am in love with the New Moon Soundtrack

Here's how we met: I heard the first notes of "Hearing Damage" when I went to see New Moon, and my audio-self couldn't turn away. I knew I must own the soundtrack as soon as possible.

At home I searched for the track list and saw "Thom Yorke," and I was all, Like Radiohead Thom Yorke?

I received a burned copy yesterday and have been ingesting almost every track ever since.

I've already added Lykke Li's CD Youth Novels (The title alone tells me I'll love it.) to my Christmas list. I love how "Possibility" sounds like what it means. I suppose all songs try to do that, but this one actually succeeds. She perfectly captures the feeling of the realization:

"There’s a possibility--
All that I had was all I'm going to get
"

So there it is. My stance on the entire Twilight Saga and all that comprises it: decidedly positive. What say you about this massive international franchise?

3 comments:

  1. I am soo excited to see someone else mentioning Hearing Damage in New Moon! That part of the movie is burned into my mind. I couldn't wait to get home and write my big action scene! I don't know that I've never seen a song fit so well, and such an awesome song at that. I had the soundtrack for a few weeks before the movie came out and wasn't so sure about it, but after seeing the movie I'm sold. A M A Z I N G.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet. Adding it to my xmas list. Love me some good music.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know, the kid in me loved the first book to pieces, even as the writer and English teacher in me cringed.

    The rest of the books were overrated, the last being way too far off the deep end for me. Jacob and baby love no matter how Meyers explained imprinting, just ruined the franchise for me. I also didn't like that she broke a cardinal rule in letting the protagonist so many were connected to/realted to turn into an unrelatable vampire.

    But hey. Several billion tweens are probably on to something.

    ReplyDelete