Thursday, July 16, 2009

Some of the Saddest Stories are True

I'll be (blog) silent most of the day while I keep promises and meet deadlines.

Thanks to the Divine Miss Cecil Catellucci for writing about two cool characters who stumble across an interesting site in Los Angeles in her book Beige. Without this scene, I might never have known about figure 8 wall, a picture of which appears at the top of this post.

After Elliot Smith died, the wall that serves as background on the cover of his album Figure 8 became a place for people to pay tribute. They covered the white space with messages to Smith.

Elliot Smith is one of my voices.

From: "Between the Bars"

"The people you've been before
that you don't want around anymore:
they push and shove and won't
bend to your will,

I'll keep them still."

1 comment: