Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Houston, I Have a Problem.

So, I don't know if you pay attention to the Just Reading list over there, but I've been reading Jellicoe Road since 2009. I am in a reading slump, y'all. It's not Jellicoe Road's fault. The book is great, but it got lost in the Christmas shuffle and never managed to regain my attention. I keep meaning to finish it, but now every time I see the orange spine on my coffee table, it feels like work. I'm so sorry Melina Marchetta. It's not you. It's me.

Something won't let me give up on Jellicoe Road. There's a mystery that I'd still like to solve.

Bloggees, do you get into reading slumps? How do you handle them? Start something new? Read an old favorite? Got any recommendations of titles that will get my finger hovering above the next page button?

2 comments:

  1. Hmm, the same thing happened to me with Jellicoe Road as well. And just like you, I did like the book. I was pretty sure I knew where it was going...although, since I didn't finish, who knows?

    ReplyDelete
  2. GRACELING I'm tellin' ya. Katsa and Bitterblue are amazing! Why do you doubt me? *shakes fists in the air*

    ReplyDelete