Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Looking for: Time

Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears... and your time-management secrets.

Is it just me, or is 2010 moving in fast forward? Hopefully, it's just January. Although, I have been contemplating the possibility that the speed of life moves in direct correlation with one's age, so that every year the speed of time increases. At the end it just seems like your life is flashing by. In reality, you've reached your personal mach 4.

Anyway...

Got any nifty time-management tips to share? I've already given up sleep, but in my real-time life, someone suggested more sleep would boost productivity in my waking hours. I can't wait to test this theory tonight. So seriously, be creative. How do you fit it all in?

6 comments:

  1. For me the biggest thing was turning off the TV. It's amazing how much more time I have for writing and reading when I'm not allowed to watch TV (except on Thursday nights for 30Rock and Project Runway).

    ReplyDelete
  2. The internet is a major time-suck for me. This week it's been crazy how much I can get done when I CAN'T go check my email every 30 minutes (and read yahoo news). Quinn is leaving with my cord right now! See you later.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I quit my day job and I still don't have enough hours in the day. So I don't know what the trick is. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can't fit it all in. I don't think it's possible to do so and still stay sane.

    Lately, I've been leaving out 2 things I absolutely love: music & exercise. But in leaving them out, I *do* find time for 2 other things I absolutely love: writing and reading.

    I watch no TV whatsoever. Some movies, yes, but if I watched TV, I'd have to give up my writing or reading time. (or blogging time, which I also squeeze in)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely give up the TV. Although something always manages to whoosh in and suck up the time anyway... Like reading all these great blogs.

    Oh and Marie, knowing a lot about *cough* aging, I can tell you it's true that time speeds up in direct correlation to one's age. It's scientific. Really. I mean think about it. When you're four years old, one year is one fourth of your life so it takes forever to get to summer. But when you're FORTY...

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh no, guys. not tv.

    i don't think you understand. tv raised me. it put me to bed every night and saw me off to school.

    just the thought of giving up tv renders me incapable of using my shift key.

    ReplyDelete