Tuesday, January 5, 2010

From: "The Final Cut"

"...If I show you my dark side,
will you still hold me tonight?
And if I open my heart to you
and show you my weak side,
what would you do?

Would you sell your story to Rolling Stone?
Would you take the children away and leave me alone?
And smile in reassurance as you whisper down the phone--

Would you send me packing?
Or would you take me home?"

"The Final Cut"
Roger Waters

(And now for a Wikipedia-napping within a Booknapping: "Q Magazine once compiled a top ten list of depressing records, and this [The Final Cut] was on it. Enough said, I think.")

3 comments:

  1. Well, coming from Wikipedia, we can be 90% sure that is a false fact. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all have a little bit of a dark side. Wikipedia confirmed that fact.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor Wikipedia. They get such a bad rap. I actually like that it's a collaboration of everyone's making--what an awesome microcosmic representation of the entire World Wide Web.

    I don't even mind the people who post crap on Wikipedia. Their malarkey is the performance art of the Internet.

    You just have to remember that it's not fact; it's Wikipedia.

    When I'm a teacher, I don't let my students use Wikipedia as a source. At work, I would NEVER EVER use Wikipedia.

    But when I'm digitally daydreaming, which is what I do here at Booknapped, Wikipedia is my virtual mall of open discussion, and I love that shiz.

    ReplyDelete