- I made a writer friend
- I made a few more writer friends
- I decided to never pay for a 15-minute critique again
- I rewrote my first chapter based on a 15-minute critique
- I embarrassed myself in front of an entire table of children's book editors and agents
- I decided I probably wouldn't be going to any more writers' conferences.
Anyone else going to the SCBWI Conference in NYC? Got any conference plans this year? Experienced attendees, tell me which is better: the down home SCBWI conference in Middle-of-Nowhere, PA, or the big fancy SCWBI conference in NYC?