Wednesday, April 1, 2009

From: The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao

"In the old days when his so-called friends would hurt him or drag his trust through the mud he always crawled voluntarily back into the abuse, out of fear and loneliness, something he'd always hated himself for, but not this time. If there existed in his high school years any one moment he took pride in it was clearly this one. Even told his sister about it during her next visit. She said, Way to go, O! He'd finally showed some backbone, hence some pride, and although it hurt, it also felt motherfucking good."

The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao
Junot Díaz

4 comments:

  1. Hi Marie, this is Megan from meganrebekah.com
    I read your comment this morning and moseyed over here to check out your blog.
    I'm impressed (and a little jealous:) ) at your current 50,000 words! What is your story about? I'd love to hear about it, or about your writing process. That's the main reason I started my blog, to document my own thoughts/struggles, and to connect with other aspiring authors.
    Feel free to comment on my page any time or email me at meganrebekah@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marie, I needed to stop by and thank you for all the agent and editor blogs you read, that I have jumped to from Booknapped. Thanks!--it's a world of great information. (I might even need it someday.)

    And, also, thanks for the financial stability you have brought into my life, as well :-)

    -Steve

    ReplyDelete
  3. Megan,

    Thanks!

    I shot you an email.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Steve,

    I added some more of my favorite agent/editor/ lit blogs on the blog roll. Hope you find something you like.

    ReplyDelete