Thursday, April 29, 2010

Booknapping Ain't Easy

I've been wondering how I'm going to do this.

Um, let's see. I've been working on this brand new project, and it takes A LOT of time.

It's not like my usual stuff. For one thing, if this project gets published, it won't be for 20 or so years. But I love it anyway, more than anything else I've ever attempted.

It zaps my energy, though, and leaves me capable of not much else.

Here's a picture of how far I've gotten:

So there you go.

Lately, I've been in that proverbial room where artists go to be flogged by their muse, where they can be alone with their project to create.

I've missed you bloggees, so I'm getting back on my blogging wagon. I've seen so many words that I've wanted to share. Like these ones:

"No man is ever rich enough to buy back his past."
Oscar Wilde

(Thanks for that, Liz. I never responded but it obviously meant a lot to me.)

Have you been sidetracked by Life lately? It happens. You're forgiven. Now write.

8 comments:

  1. Marie! Congratulations! All the best on this new adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations again and again, Marie! Oh yes I've been sidetracked, but it's time to get back on that writing horse.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm working on something that sounds a lot like that. The muse is flogging me. Stick to it... and hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh--look at that little bun! You know you've got a little writer growing in there. You are already learning from each other. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations, Marie! Woo hoo! What a wonderful reason to be sidetracked from writing. Best of health to you and the little one.

    If you ever need advice, I'm here. My kids are now 20 and 23, so I may be a bit rusty...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay!!! I'm so glad you've gone public. I keep almost slipping and telling other writers about Baby J. But I swear, I kept my mouth shut.

    Congrats again! Now, send me some pages. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the offer of help, Joanne! I might very well be emailing you for assistance!

    Karen, Baby J has gone public! Pages are coming together nicely and are prepped for delivery on Monday.

    ReplyDelete