Monday, December 28, 2009

Lines from Our Old Comrade, Shakespeare

Wake, Bloggees!

Wipe the sugar plum dust out of your eyes and let's get back to producing stuff.

I'm talking to myself, you know. I've spent these holidays contemplating and plotting, strategic planning, and now I'm putting all the whosits and whatsits into place. 2010 is going to blow our minds.

"When thou wakest,
Thou takest
True delight
In the sight
Of thy former lady's eye:
And the country proverb known,
That every man should take his own,
In your waking shall be shown:
Jack shall have Jill;
Nought shall go ill;
The man shall have his mare again, and all shall be well."

So said Puck in A Midsummer Night's Dream

I am feeling optimistic. Tell me, what is your great big goal for 2010?

7 comments:

  1. Sugar Plum dust! I love it. :) My big goal. Hmm, I have so many. I think the main goal is to finish my mermaid story. It has great potential and I know how rewarding it is to finish a book. Then of course I wouldn't be opposed to landing a book deal for it. :) Is that too much to ask?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post!

    My 2010 agenda- write, write, write. Then revise, revise, revise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2010 is going to be our year. I can FEEL it. I think I'd take book deals for all the Word Stringers and awesome new manuscripts too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum, sugar plum dust. Anything sugary... Ah, I second Tamika: write like crazy and then revise like a maniac. I have a lot of catching up to do. My son the cancer patient wrote 50k words in November. I wrote a few picture books. We have a bet going, heh heh.

    So, um, gotta get busy. Hope you had a nice Christmas, Marie.

    Hey, the word verification was a real word: CLAWS.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This post is motivating...must get back to writing :-)

    Love finding fellow writers, there are many it seems!

    Happy writing! I have to agree with Tamika on goals for 2010...

    Write, Write, Write. Then revise, revise, revise.

    ReplyDelete
  6. To finish my novel. This will be the third year. If I don't have it done this year, I might be so sick of it I'll just quit and start something else.

    I love the quote below about the police interrogation, the cold coffee and cigarette butts. Replace the cigarette butts with chocolate wrappers and you have me to a "T."

    ReplyDelete
  7. Karen, Tamika, Natalie, Joanne, JMay (Welcome, btw!), and Christine H., I was stumped for a blog topic today, but you guys and Joe Konrath totally inspired today's blog.

    Thanks for commenting! I hope to see you (in between long bouts of writing, of course) in 2010.

    ReplyDelete