Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Mission Accomplished

Tira over at Time is Running Away tagged me in a sort of virtual game of drink-while-you-think except there's no drinking (as far as you know). She wants me to name my seven favorite songs. Now, I won't go into why that's impossible because you already know: too many to choose, changes on an hourly basis, depends on my current levels of insanity and insecurity, can I pick seven per genre?

At 10:57 (Eastern) on Tuesday, September 22, 2009, my seven favorite songs are:

"Say it Ain't So" by Weezer
Dear Daddy, I write you in spite of years of silence...

"Killing in the Name of" by Rage Against the Machine

Fuck you, I won't do what you tell me...

"Vienna" by Billy Joel
You can't be everything you want to be before your time...

"Better Get it in your Soul" by Charles Mingus

Oh yeah...

"Creep" by Radiohead
I want a perfect body; I want a perfect soul...

"Sweet Jane" by Velvet Underground
Anyone who ever had a heart, well they wouldn't turn around and break it...

"Birthday Boy" by Ween
I'll be around. I'll be in town if you need a place to stay...

Now, I have to tag seven peeps to keep this game going. So hey, peeps, tell me your seven favorite songs:

Megan Rebekah

Natalie Bahm
Karen Amanda Hooper
Fiction Groupie
Joanne Fritz
Frankie Dianne Mallis
Unpublished Guy

Now that my important work is done for the day, I can get back to writing.

4 comments:

  1. Um seven is a lot. I can't even think of one...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you've got your priorities sorted.

    The RATM song is simply brilliant. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just cruel. You know I love music, so I will have to put some thought behind this. And like you, I'll have to quote my favorite lines. This may take me awhile considering all I have on my plate, but I promise I will give you my seven soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. #1. I'm upset you took Meg AND Nat. I mean, you cant have them both! That left me unable to tag any of you.
    #2. Why hasnt Meg or Nat listed their songs? Hardly seems fair. Almost forced me to tag them again.
    #3. I have finished my task.
    #4. I JUST saw your tweet from earlier today and I'm cracking up and on my way to comment.

    ReplyDelete